Syllabi for Ph.D/M.Phil (Ayurveda)
Ayurveda Ph D Entrance syllabus
FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPT OF AYURVEDA [as per CCIM UG SYLLABUS ]
- Introduction to basic principles of Ayurveda and their significance
- Padartha: Lakshana, enumeration and classification, Bhava and Abhava padartha, Padartha according to Charaka (Karana-Padartha).
- Panchabhuta: Various theories regarding the creation (theories of Taittiriyopanishad, Nyaya-Vaisheshika, Sankhya-Yoga, Sankaracharya, Charaka and Susruta), Lakshana and qualities of each Bhoota.
- Significance and importance of Pramana,Enumeration of Pramana according to different schools of philosophy
- Four types of methods for examination in Ayurveda(Chaturvidha-Parikshavidhi), Pramana in Ayurveda
- Karya- Karana Siddhanta (Cause and Effect Theory)
- Introduction to the commentators of classical Samhitas – Bhattaraharicchandra, Jejjata, Chakrapani, Dalhana, Nishchalakara, Vijayarakshita, Gayadas, Arunadutta, Hemadri, Gangadhara, Yogindranath Sen, Haranachandra, Indu
- Dosha- General description of Tridosha. Inter relationship between Ritu-Dosha-Rasa-Guna. Biological rhythms of Tridosha on the basis of day-night-age-season and food intake.
- Etiological factors responsible for Dosha Vriddhi, Dosha Kshaya and their manifestations.
- Concept of Kriyakala.
- Anatomy and Phisiology of. Respiratory System, Digestive system, Urinary System , Reproductive system, Endocrinology, Nervous System
- Dravyaguna Shastra Paribhasa- Lakshana of Sapta Padartha of Dravyaguna Vijnana viz Dravya- Rasa-Guna- Virya- Vipaka- Prabhava and Karma.
- Derivation, definition of Visha and Agadatantra. Scope of Agadatantra. Visha Utpatti,Visha Prabhava, Visha Pranaharana Kriya, Visha Guna, Visha Gati, Visha Vega Visha Sankata, Shanka Visha.
- Kritanna and Aushadhisiddha anna Kalpana: Definition of Kritanna, Concept of Pathya and Apathya, Yavagu –types of yavagu, Manda, Peya, Vilepi, Anna, Bhakta, Odan, Yush -types, Krishara, Mansa rasa, Vesavara, Khad Kamblika, Raga, Shadava,Dadhi and Takra Varga – Takra, Udasvita, Katvar, Mathita, Chhachika.
- Roga Rogi Parikhya.Dosha Dhatu srotas.ojas Vriddhi khyaya.Ama.sama,AGNI
- Basic Pathology., Diseases of Rasavaha Srotas, Raktavaha Srotas Mamsavaha Srotas, Medovaha Srotas, Asthi – Majjavaha Srotas, Shukravaha Srotas, Pranavaha Srotas Annavaha- PureeshavahaSrotas Udakavaha Srotas, Mutravaha Srota, Swedavaha Srotas, Manovaha Srotas, Upasargajanya Vyadhi, Krimi Vigyana, Dinacharya, Rathricharya, Ritucharya, Sadvritta,, Trayopastambha, Ahara,, Nidra, Brahmacharya, Roganutpadaniya, Rasayana for Swastha,, Rasayana for Swastha, Menstrual hygiene, Panchakosha Theory, Astanga yoga, Pranayama
- PRASAVA VIGYANA
- PRASAVA VYAPAD, SUTIKA VIGYANA, ARTAVA VYAPAD, YONI VYAPAD, VANDHYATWA, STANA ROGA, Shastra Karma
- General introduction and scope of Kaumarbhritya (Ayurvedic Pediatrics), Definitions and terminologies used in Kaumarbhritya.
- Samanya Chikitsa Siddhanta and Balaroga
- Importance ofDosha, Dushya , Bala, Kaala, Agni, Prakriti, Vaya, Sattva Satmya, Desha, Ahara and stage of diseases in treating them. Chikitsa Sutra and Management of ‘Samanyaja and Nanatmaja’ diseases.
- Detailed description of Dvividhopakrama (Santarpana and Apatarpana) and Shadavidhopakrama (Rookshana, Snehana, Swedana, Sthambhana, Langhana
- Detailed description of Chikitsa Sutra and Management of Jwara and its typesBrimhana). Detailed description of Shodhana, Shamana and Nidana Parivarjana
- Chikitsa sutra and Management of the diseases of Rasavaha Srotas, Raktavaha Srotas
- Knowledge of National Health Programmes and the relevant Ayurvedic Management
- Management of the diseases of Pranavaha Srotas, Udakavaha Srotas, Annavaha Srotas, Vata Vyadhi, Mamsavaha Srotas and Medovaha Srotas, ‘Asthi and Majjavaha Srotas Shukravaha srotas, Mutravaha Srotas, Purishavaha Srotas, Sexually Transmited Diseases,
- Introduction to Panchakarma, Panchakarma and Shodhana, its importance for promotion of health, prevention and treatment of diseases.
- Trividha Karma- Purva, Pradhana and Pashchat Karma in relation to Shodhana and their importance
- Svedana, Vamana Karma, Virechana Karma , Basti Karma, Niruha Basti:, Anuvasana Basti, Uttara Basti, Nasya, Raktamokshana
- , .Physiotherapy,
- Definition of Shalya, Shalya Tantra and its importance. Introduction to Shalya Tantra
- Description of Yantra, Shastra, Anushastra: Definition, number, types, uses,
- Dosha, Guna, Karma. Relevant modern instruments.
- Nirjantukarana / Sterilization: Methods, types and its role in surgical practice
- Sangyaharan / Anaesthesia: Definition and Types
- Trividha Karma – Purva Karma, Pradhana Karma and Paschat Karma
- Ashtavidha Shastra Karma – Surgical procedures.
- Kshara and Kshara Karma:, Agnikarma:, Raktamokshana,
- Bhagna – Skeletal injuries: Prakara including pathological fracture, Samanya Lakshana, Upadrava and Chikitsa.
- Shalakyatantra nirukti, Parichayam, Ithihasam
- Netra Samanya and Vishishta Chikitsa – Kriya Kalpa
- Sandhigata Roga(Diseases of junctional areas of eye),Vartmagata Roga(Diseases of Lids),Shuklagata Roga(Diseases of sclera and conjunctiva),Krishnagata Roga (Diseases of cornea and uvea),Sarvagata Roga (Diseases effecting all parts of eye),Drishtigata Roga (vision disorders)
- SHIRA – KARNA- NASA- MUKHA ROGAS
Research methodology and Medical statistics
- Brief historical background of research in Ayurved and contemporary medical science
Evidences of researches in ayurvedic classics
- Etymology, definitions and synonyms (Anveshana, Gaveshana, Prayeshana,
Anusandhan and Shodha) of the word Research
- Research in Ayurved – Scope, need, importance, utility
- Types of Research (familiarization of the terms)
- a) Pure and Applied
- b) Qualitative , Quantitative and Mixed
Observational and interventional.
- Research process (Importance of each steps in brief)
- Selection of the topic
- Review of the literature
- Formulation of Hypothesis
- Aims and Objectives
- Materials and methods
- Observations and results
- Methods of communication of Research
- Research tools – Role of the pramanas as research tools
- The concept and importance of ethics in research
- Concept of Evidenvce Based Medicine and Scientific Writing
- Importance of IT in data mining and important research data portalsconcerned with
Ayurved and contemporary medical science (DHARA , PubMed, Ayush Research
Portal, Bioinformatics Center, Research Management Informatic System etc.)
- Definition, scope and importance of the Medical statistics
- Common statistical terms and notations
- Normal distribution
- Collection and Presentation of data
- Measures of location
Measures of Central Tendency
- Arithmetic mean
- Variability and its measurement
- Standard deviation
- Standard error
- Introduction to probability and test of significance
- Parametric and non parametric tests
- Introduction to commonly used statistical soft-wares