Faculty of Life Sciences has conducted Virtual Parents-Teacher Meeting through WhatsApp Video calling
|Department: Life Sciences||
B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology III & V Sem
B.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology III & V Sem
M.Sc. Biotechnology III Sem
M.Sc. Microbiology III Sem
|Activity: Virtual Parents-Teacher Meeting|
|Date and Duration: 14/09/2020 – 19/09/2020|
|Title: Virtual Parents Teacher Meeting|
Faculty of Life Sciences, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Brief description/ Remarks:
For uplifting the graph of students as well as institute, the parents-teacher meeting play an important role which maintain harmonious relationship between parents and teachers by bringing home and institute together. It helps to know each other & build a positive relationship between parents & teachers.
In this process, Faculty of Life Sciences has scheduled time/day flexible Virtual Parents-Teacher Meeting under Teacher Guardian Scheme to discuss the progress of the students. Meeting was organized between 14/09/2020 to 19/09/2020. The teachers made use of ‘WhatsApp’ to interact with parents via video call. Following points discussed in the meeting:-
- Student’s attendance discussed with parents & also explain them importance of the ongoing online classes as some of the parents are from rural background & not aware about the online classes.
- Parents appreciate the efforts made by the faculty members of Life science Department, MU.
- They were also informed about the upcoming MST examination.
- Students & parents were satisfied with the ongoing theory classes but concerned about the hands-on practical classes. Faculties assured them to provide practical exposure once situation get under control.
- Few parents raised issues of data & network connectivity problems. Faculties make aware parents about video and class recording for the same.
- Faculty members requested parents to encourage students for attending classes and ensure to provide time for the same at home.
Faculties of Life Sciences are sincerely thankful for the parents who gave their time for the discussion & made this meeting successful.
Photos: Some snapshots of parent-teacher interaction-
- Parents were encouraging & supportive & appreciate efforts taken by the department.
- Both, teacher and parents came to know about the progress of student at vice-versa.
- Less attendee student’s parents assured for regular attendance of his or her ward in future.
- Parents took the responsibility to give time to their ward as per time table and look after it.
No. of participants: 70 parents
Prepared by: Mrs. Farha Ansari, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Life Science
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Dr. Shekhar Jain