Expert talk on real time PCR technique and its uses in clinical diagnosis and life science research
Faculty of Life Sciences has organized a session of expert talk for the students of Life sciences on 23rd Oct 2019. Guest of the session was Dr. Deepak Bharti (PhD, PDF IISER) Director and Founder of Centre for Molecular Biology Research, Bhopal. He delivers his talk on “Real time PCR technique and its uses in clinical diagnosis and life science research”. In his presentation he discusses various aspects of different field of Life Science and their ongoing researches. He share his views and knowledge on following points:
- General introduction of genetic materials and chromosome
- History, Principle and the steps involved in polymerase chain reaction.
- Types of PCR
- RT- PCR- Principle and working
- Application of RT-PCR in life Science research and clinical diagnosis.
- Career aspects of RT-PCR in the field of biotechnology and microbiology.
At the end of the session, Dr. Shekhar Jain, Head, Facu lty of Life Sciences, express vote of thanks towards the guest and encouraged students for active participation in the field of research.Students grasp the depth knowledge of the advance technique of RT-PCR. Students got encouraged for participating actively in research work related to their subjects. Apart from job opportunities related to the technique, students were also encouraged for entrepreneurship by establishing their own laboratories and machineries.