Bachelor of Library and Information Science or B.Lib is a 1-year degree awarded to students who excel in Library Science. Library Science is an act of managing, maintaining and preserving information using sources of information technology and education. The minimum eligibility criterion required for the course is graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marksin aggregate.
- Library science department offers courses of all the levels (graduation, post-graduation and Ph.D. etc) named as B.Lib.Sc. M.Lib.Sc. & Ph.D in Library Science.
- Department has organized 02 National Workshops in current session (KOHA & Mendeley).
- Department gives live practical exposure with a central library.
- Library software training on DEL PLUS software which is mandatory for library professionals.
- It offers reference services through DELNET software.
- Documentation services, circulation services are also available.
- Department also provides the knowledge of Classification scheme with DDC 19th
- Edition & CC.
- Department provides practical knowledge of cataloguing code such as AACR-2 & CCC.
- For B.Lib.: Candidates must have passed their graduation from any UGC recognized university.
- For M.Lib.: Candidates must have passed their B.Lib. from any UGC recongnized university.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have scored at least 50% marks in their graduation.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category will have to score at least 40% marks in their 10+2.
|Tution Fee||Caution Money(Refundable)||Online Application Fee||Total Fee|
|20425 INR||1500 INR||550 INR||22475 INR|
*Uniform Fee,Examination Fee and Enrollment Fee will be separate.
This scholarship is applicable to the students belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC category. The scholarship is administered by the Government of Madhya Pradesh based on annual income of the family. Students with family income below Rs. 3,00,000/- are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship application form should be submitted by the applicant to the University office after getting admission.
- The eligible candidates desirous of scholarship are required to fill the scholarship form during the admission process.
- The norms for selection will be the sole prerogative of Avantika Admission Committee.
- The scholarship amount will be calculated only on tuition fees and is applicable for 1st year only.
- The students fulfilling more than one eligibility criteria will be considered only as per higher preference mentioned in the scheme and will be eligible for only one type of scholarship in a year.
- The continuation of all scholarships is dependent on consistently high academic performance. The students are expected to meet pre-defined academic standards for continuation of scholarship.
- The scholarship can be renewed based on the performance in the university examination, attendance, and character and conduct certified by the Dean.
- The renewal of sports scholarship depends on the performance in sports after admission in university.
- The scholarship shall stand discontinued, if the student is found guilty of any misconduct or indiscipline.
At present, Librarians are highly demanded in both government and private sectors. They can also work as a research assistant to professors or in publishing companies in preparing bibliographies and catalogues. You can go for further studies in this field. The number of schools and colleges are going to open in the country, it offers great opportunity to fresh professionals.
Candidates who wish to work after completing Bachelor of Library and Information Science course can find employment in the below mentioned job profiles.
|Library Services Manager||One is responsible to manage all requirements for library services on and off site.|
|Strategy analyst||The concerned person has to work on creating methods that could be helpful in engaging prospective donors.|
|Assistant librarian||The person has to assist the head librarian and help him/her in proper working of library.|
|Project Manager- Library Automation||He /She has to manage library automation projects.|
|Librarian||One has to look after rules and regulations of the library and its proper management|
|Library Specialist||A library specialist has to classify and catalogue and has to submit progress reports to concerned authorities.|