Transforming Knowledge for Tomorrows World
The Department of Pharmacology at Mandsaur Institute of Pharmacy, Mandsaur was established in the year 2004 & affiliated to RGPV, Bhopal (MP). The Department also provides advance technology to the students for their projects and day to day practical’s. The department offers training in pharmacology and toxicology to both undergraduate and various research projects for post graduate students, who may subsequently go on to exciting research, regulatory and administrative careers in academic, industrial and healthcare provision settings.
Pharmacology (Study of Drugs) is the scientific discipline that, in the attempt to improve health and alleviate disease, studies the mechanisms by which drugs alter biological systems & Toxicological profile of various drugs. The combination of Pharmacology & Toxicology disciplines encompass the molecular basis of drug action, the actions of drugs on cells, organs, and organisms, genetic variations in drug action, and drug discovery.
Pharmacology department has laboratories namely
- Pharmacology Lab 1 (Basic Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab)
- Pharmacology Lab 2 (Preclinical Experimentation Lab)
All the laboratories having good ventilation and lighting facilities along with continuous water supply. The laboratories are designed efficiently for proper storage of chemicals and glassware. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest instruments, and appliances.
Animal House Facilities
For the approval of various research projects on experimental animals the department has centralized animal house approved by CPCSEA (Registration no: 1019/C/06/CPCSEA) for conducting experiments on Mice, Rats, Guinea Pigs, and Rabbits. Animal house is maintained with proper housing condition for experimentation.
The goal is to prepare exceptional students for productive and successful careers in pharmaceutical industry, academia, research and public sectors.
The department is striving towards our vision by providing quality education that effectively integrates critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
The department also provides information regarding right use of drugs, drug-drug interaction, side effects through Drug Information Centre. The department use model technique for teaching Anatomy and physiology and Pharmacology like animated videos and power point presentations.
In order to achieve the mission and vision of the Department of Pharmacology, the following objectives obtain priority in the departmental activities:
- Equipping the students with the best of pharmacy, clinical, scientific, professional and managerial knowledge and skills.
- Up gradation of departmental teaching skills by motivating faculty members to attend International conference organized by Indian society of pharmacology (ISP), QIP, SDP and utilization of advanced and modern teaching tools and techniques in techniques.
- Establishment of creative and nurturing academic environment which encourage faculty members to perform state of the preclinical research & development, use of various In-Vitro models.
- Conducting independent and collaborative research in areas related to the development of suitable bioactive fractions and extracts for isolation of various phytocompounds.
- Providing services to the industry and the community by participating in sponsored research projects, consultation or development of new technologies aimed at addressing the needs of the pharmaceutical industry and the Drug information centre.
- Rota rode apparatus
- Centrifuge machine
- Student Organ Bath & Kymograph
- Hot Plate
- Pole Climbing Apparatus
- Pyrogen test meter
- Histamine Chamber
- Various Models on CNS Pharmacology
- Hutchinson Respirometer
- Elevated plus maze, Y-maze, T-maze, Hole Board
- Dissection Table for Cat & Dog
Current Areas Of Research Interest In The Department
- Wound Pharmacology
- Behavioral and Neuropharmacology
- Immunopharmacology & Inflamopharmacology
- Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
- Rheumatoid Arthritis &Bioactive fractionization
- Various bioassay Methods on isolated tissue & organs.