Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering has organized a Group Discussion Round-I
|Department: Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Year/sem: III Year Diploma & IV year B.Tech.|
|Activity: Group Discussion Round-I|
|Date and Duration: 16th February, 2021, 02:30 pm to 03:30 pm|
|Title: E-Learning Pros & Cons|
Resource person/agency and affiliation: Dr. Manish Jain, Asso. Prof. , EEE department
Mr. R.P. Kumawat, AP, EEE Department.
Brief description / remarks:
A Round-I on ‘Group Discussion’ was conducted on the 16th of February 2021 at the Power System lab, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. The motive of the event was to conduct a group discussion among the students, to observe their personality and skills, ability to discuss on the given subject and to guide them on how to take part in Group Discussions.
The group discussion lasted for about 25-30 minutes. The highlights of the discussion are as follows:
1. There was an initiator who was also a dominator in the group.
2. The group discussion was in English as well as Hindi both Languages.
3. There were few silent observers who didn’t involve in discussion.
4. Some students were fumbling for vocabulary.
5. Students could highlight many important facts and figures pertaining to the topic.
Coordinator Dr. Manish Jain suggested students to use quotes, facts, statistics, short story or general statement in the discussion and advised students to read newspapers and enlist three local, national and global news each which shall help them to be aware of the current news in the world. Mr. R P Kumawat hints on how to enter a GD midway and ideas to silent members on how to enter a GD. HOD Mr.Virendra Jain also gave importance on the non-verbal communication i.e. body language by which attitudes and feelings are communicated. Lastly participants have to summarize and conclude the GD with one point in favor and against the E- learning.
After observing and listening the discussion of students and their presentation next session was planned to have open discussion without prior intimation of topic.
1. To observe their personality and skills, ability to discuss on the given subject
2. To enhance the learning in both effective and cognitive domains.
3. To enhances communication skills, leadership quality and thinking capacity.
No. of participants: 08
Prepared by:- Dr. Manish Jain, Associate Professor , EEE dept.
Verified and Submitted by: – Mr. Virendra Jain (HOD EEE dept.), Mandsaur University