The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers 4-year B.Tech. program, in Computer Science and Engineering. It also offers M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering. The focus of the department is on developing industry standard projects by our B.Tech. and M.Tech. students, excellent teaching learning process, better alumni relations, good Industry attachment program through project semester and outcome based education.
Department has unique outcome based industry inclined courseware and teaching methodology, to develop students into well-prepared & future ready computing professionals, by using standard industry practices in projects and skills development.
Department focus on imparting real-time industry standard practical skills to the students. We have excellent infrastructure backed up by 1:1 ratio 30 Mbps leased line with full WiFi Laboratories.
The vision of the department is “To make the students as employable engineers through knowledge, skills improvement, positive attitude and motivation by mentoring, using best teaching practices and exposure to the latest technology”.
Highlights of the Department:
- Among Top 30 IBM software center of excellence across the country for consecutive three years.
- Outcome based curriculum designed to fulfill skills requirement as per Industry need
- Induction of in-demand technologies in the curriculum to enhance skill sets.
- CBCS based syllabi, Options to choose various technology tracks from third year which leads to SOA, Cloud applications, Information Security, Big Data and Enterprise Applications.
- Innovative teaching methodology emphasizing on hands on practical expertise through online classroom teaching.
- Elective options through EDX and Coursera online courseware to enhance self learning.
- Tie ups with HCL and other Software Companies for trainings and project mentoring on cutting edge technologies.
- Regular Internal trainings on latest technologies as a part of syllabi as per the industry requirements on J2EE, PHP, Android, WordPress, .NET, HTML, CSS, System Administration.
- Vendor specific short term extensive training in practical subjects by Industry Experts and Certification as a part of evaluation.
- More than 450 Prometric certifications by students and more than 50 Prometric certifications by faculties through IBM, EMC2, Oracle etc.
- Excellent infrastructure with high end configuration computers supported by 30 MBPS Internet bandwidth on Wifi with IBM software tools.
- Course curriculum and delivery has strong practical and laboratory component.
- Practice-based programming intensive teaching learning using real world case studies.
- Continuous activity based assessment system to develop problem solving skills.
- Quality projects development by students by following full SDLC life cycle following industry standards using Rational Software Architect Platform. Make student employable from first day.
- Project mentorship from Industry and alumni working in reputed companies.
- Partner with National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi” for Aakash Project and workshops .