Department of Computer Application, established in 2005 with the vision of imparting top-notch education in the field of computer applications useful for bridging the gap between academic and Industry. The Department executes a well planned syllabus accompanied with topics covered beyond syllabus to gratify the needs of changing technology.
The Computer Application Department helps in providing the I.T. and computer industry with world-class talent and creating some of the finest software professionals year after year. By providing concept-oriented subject knowledge through a high quality teaching that is supplemented with practical training and project development, the department aims to bring out some of the brightest minds into the world of computers and technology. Department comprises highly qualified and experienced faculty members along with several adjunct faculty from reputed academic and industry backgrounds, who are actively engaged in research areas including data mining, theoretical computer science, algorithms, soft computing, distributed systems, high performance computing and information security. They are constantly publishing papers in International and National Journals. The department regularly organizes technical workshops,seminars,SDP for students,FDP and conferences for the faculty members,expose them to emerging areas.
It has modern computing amenities equipped with the latest tools and technologies. The department has a sound placement record with top hiring companies including Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, IBM etc.The department also aims at creating professional manpower required by the IT industries.
The curriculum is updated regularly to keep abreast with all latest syllabus and institute has tie ups with other major educational institutes for knowledge sharing.
To contribute as a knowledge hub in the area of computer application by developing innovative computing professionals and researchers who will respond to the challenges of highly dynamic computing-centric society and also imbibe human values along with effective functionality throughout their career.
- To provide the students of MCA, BCA and Diploma (PGDCA, DCA) students with quality education by adopting best teaching practices to attain the academic objectives.
- With awareness to social responsibility, foster their career by professional and personal growth along with leadership qualities by budding strong partnership with stakeholders.
- Cultivate research environment and support them to contribute to domain knowledge through innovation and research.
Program Educational Objectives
The students of Department of Computer Application will be able to:
- Enhance their prospects for career in fields such as software development, networking, web applications, database management and academic and vocational teaching positions; and provide access to higher degrees by research programs.
- Induce self-directed, experiential and lifelong learning for contemporary software development.
- Develop critical thinking, communication, teamwork, and leadership skills necessary to function productively and professionally.
- Develop sufficient awareness of the societal impact of technology and of the ethical issues in computer science to make decisions regarding their personal and professional responsibilities.
- Promote use of open source technology and motivate to develop innovative software development skills and control piracy.
Students in the Programme will attain:
- An Ability to apply computer science knowledge to application area from science and industry.
- An Ability to apply knowledge of mathematical, algorithmic, and computing principles appropriate to the design and implementation of computer-based systems.
- An Ability to apply analysis, design, development, and testing principles in the construction of software systems.
- An Ability to function effectively on a software development team.
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, programming concepts, mathematics and management in the field of computer applications.
- An ability to identify, analyze and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design and develop computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet requirements with consideration to the real life problem.
- An ability to use analytical and technical skills to interpret data and provide suitable solutions.
- An ability to use the new techniques, skill and tools necessary for computing practices.
- An ability to understand professional, legal, social responsibilities and ethical values.
- An ability of lifelong and self-motivated learning in the pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons.
- An ability to manage the projects through the appropriate project management techniques.
- An ability to communicate effectively in verbal, technical writing and formal means with range of audiences.
- An Ability to function effectively as a member of a team assembled to undertake a common goal.
- An Ability to acquire domain specific knowledge for through system understanding and application development.
- An ability to understand the IT needs of Industrial environment and the impact of computational solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- An ability to get readiness to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to exhibit skills for creating value/opportunity for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
- Comprehend and analyze both legal and ethical issues involving the use of computing in society.
- Demonstrate fluency in high level programming.
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of selected areas like network and system security, web based applications and interface.
- Prepare technical documents and make effective oral presentation.
- Can participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE , SET, NET, PET, etc.