Department of Civil Engineering has organized a Jenga competition for first year students of B. Tech(CE & ME)
|Department:Civil Engineering||Year/sem: I/I B. Tech (CE &ME)|
|Activity: Extra Curricular Activity|
|Date and Duration: 06.02.2021 (Two Hours)|
Resource person/agency and affiliation:
Ms. Vaibhavee Choubey & Mr. Rajpal Songara (Dept. Of Civil Engineering)
Brief description / remarks:
Department of Civil Engineering has organized a Jenga competition for first year students of B. Tech(CE & ME) on 06.02.21 Saturday.
Jenga is a game of physical skill created by British board game designer and author Leslie Scott, and currently marketed by Hasbro. Players takes turns removing one block at a time from a tower constructed of 54 blocks. Each block removed is then placed on top of the tower, creating a progressively taller and more unstable structure. Students of Civil and Mechanical engineering took part in this activity and enjoyed this activity with learning.
- Students learned time management and physical skills.
- The students learned about the role of foundation for structures.
- The Students learned about load distribution in structures.
- The students learned about the tensile and compressive forces.
- Since there were two teams Civil and Mechanical, the students learned how to work as a team.
No. of participants: – 15
Prepared by: Ms. Vaibhavee Choubey
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Mr. Azharuddin Shiekh