The program offers an interdisciplinary foundation in the basic theory and skills necessary to become media practitioners of different areas. Graduates of this program are open to a myriad career options – print and television journalism, advertising, public relations, and corporate communications etc. The course uses a combination of theoretical and practical training which gives the students an opportunity to grab lucrative career opportunities in editing, reporting, TV and film scripting, production, animation, direction and media management in India and abroad. Graduates of this program have gone on to a variety of careers in the media field, including those in advertising, corporate communication, public relations, journalism, and broadcasting.
- Apply principles and laws pertaining to freedom of speech and press, including the right to dissent, to monitor and criticize power, and to assemble and petition for redress of grievances.
- Discuss the history of journalism and its practices.
- Apply professional ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity.
- Create content that displays an understanding of the importance of diversity in society and mass media coverage.
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for journalism and the communication professions, audiences and purposes they serve.
- Gather and evaluate information, and conduct research using methods appropriate to the assignment, audience, and communication professions in which they work.
- Critically evaluate their own work and that of others for accuracy and fairness, clarity, appropriate style and grammatical correctness.
- Apply concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of images and information.
- Apply basic numerical and statistical concepts.
- Apply tools and technologies appropriate for the communications professions in which they work.
- Achieve entry-level competence by working on campus media, internships, and special projects
Course name: B.A. Mass Communication
Course Category: Mass Communication
Type of Course: Full time
Level of course: Bachelors
Course Duration: 3 Years
Description: Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
Eligibility: Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with commerce / accountancy / insurance / banking / computer science
Programme Type: After 12th
Course Fees: 48250 INR per year