CISCO and Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Department of Computer Application has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for CISCO Networking Academy with an aim to provide IT Skills and career building program for MM(DU) students. This Academy blends face-to-face teaching, with web based curriculum, hands-on lab exercises and internet based assessments by CISCO certified Instructors.
The Academy offers variety of courses in the area of networking and security i.e. CCNA, CCNP, Wireless Networking and Network Security. CISCO System designed the NetAcad curriculum and instructional model to ensure that students develop a range of system networking competencies which help them prepare for job as well as higher education in Engineering.
To introduce networking skills to meet the current and future needs of the Information Technology (IT) industry.
To enrich the young minds with technical, intellectual, and practical skills for serving the fast growing industry.
ABOUT THE COMPANY & LAB
- Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products. Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries, such as OpenDNS, Webex, Jabber and Jasper, Cisco specializes into specific tech markets, such as Internet of Things (IoT), domain security and energy management.
- Cisco has awarded New Horizon College of Engineering the status of Cisco Networking Academy in recognition of all Netacad programs. Mr. Srinivasa K, Senior Director-SCM and Mr. George John, Senior Director-IT from Cisco along with Dr. Mohan Manghnani, Chairman-NHCE inaugurated the Cisco Networking Academy at New Horizon College of Engineering on 28th March 2018.
- Routing & Switching-1 as Open Elective: The curriculum of this course is derived from CCNA Module-1, Introduction to Networks and part of CCNA Module-2, Routing & Switching Essentials
- Routing & Switching-2 as Open Elective: – It delivers content on few topics of Routing and Switching Essentials along with CCNA Module-3, Scaling Network configurations.
- Routing & Switching-3 as Open Elective: –It covers the concepts of CCNA Module-4 Connecting Networks.
- Cisco Networking Academy (NETACAD) aims at providing a detailed insight into the networking concepts that are essential for rapidly growing networking industry.
- Faculty & Students has Cisco Netacad account where they can access the various course content, and software in addition to Cisco hardware equipments.
- Faculties of Cisco Centre of Excellence are Globally Certified CCNA Instructors. Faculties keep themselves updated with latest technologies by attending a number of Global Instructor Professional Development Programs (IPDs) and Cisco Annual Conference, both conducted by Cisco Academy Support Centre Team.
- Cisco proprietary switches and routers as connecting devices in the lab.
- Three 2960 series switches and three 1941 series routers
- For initial configuration three console cables are provided to configure LAN-WAN networks
- One HWIC2T card for establishing serial interfaces between routers.
- Packet tracers 7.2 and 7.3 versions are loaded on 4GB RAM systems.
- Students Obtain CCNA Certifications from Cisco for the four modules.
1. Introduction to Networks
2. Routing & Switching Essentials
3. Scaling Networks
4. Connecting Networks
- Participation in events organised by Cisco such as Women Rock IT and Hackathon programs.
- Participation in Cisco Ideathon, a Internship cum Placement Program for Cisco Netacad Students.
- Students can earn other Cisco certificates by enrolling for online self learning course available in NETACAD.