- Promotion of sports is one of the major concerns of our modern society. Excellence in sports is possible on the sound foundation of ‘physical education’ and ‘movement education’.
- In the contemporary scenario, success in physical education and sports depends upon the quality of leaders who are well prepared through formal and informal acquisitions of multidimensional knowledge, training in the specialized discipline and its effective transaction.
- The university has well qualified committed and competent teacher educators to shape the personalities of teacher trainees into successful professionals. Experts from various fields of physical education and visiting faculty are invited on a regular basis for enrichment lectures and intellectual guidance to the trainees.
- The university goes beyond the prescribed curriculum to ensure all round development of the teacher trainees. Many value additions are provided to them like enhancing personal behavioural, skills, leadership/military training camp, language proficiency classes, yoga/meditation for all etc. The department takes pride in excellent placement records.
- Mandsaur University’s Mandsaur Institute of Physical Education (Recognized by NCTE and Govt. of Madhya Pradesh) run B.P.Ed. Course (Bachelor of Physical Education).
- Duration – 2 Years (IV semester)
- Level – Graduation
- Type – Degree
- Eligibility – Graduation.
- Admission as per NCTE and MP Higher Education norms.
B.P.Ed. (2 yrs)
Candidates should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and participation in the Inter-college / Inter-Zonal / district / School competition in sports and games at recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
They should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks with physical education as a compulsory/elective subject.
They should have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks and participation in international/National/Inter University / State competitions/ NCC ‘C’ certificate or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter College / Inter-Zonal /District School competition in sports and games as recognized by the respective federations AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
|Tution Fee||Caution Money(Refundable)||Online Application Fee||Total Fee|
|40375 INR||1500 INR||550 INR||42425 INR|
*Uniform Fee,Examination Fee and Enrollment Fee will be separate.
This scholarship is applicable to the students belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC category. The scholarship is administered by the Government of Madhya Pradesh based on annual income of the family. Students with family income below Rs. 3,00,000/- are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship application form should be submitted by the applicant to the University office after getting admission.
- The eligible candidates desirous of scholarship are required to fill the scholarship form during the admission process.
- The norms for selection will be the sole prerogative of Mandsaur University Admission Committee.
- The scholarship amount will be calculated only on tuition fees and is applicable for 1st year only.
- The students fulfilling more than one eligibility criteria will be considered only as per higher preference mentioned in the scheme and will be eligible for only one type of scholarship in a year.
- The continuation of all scholarships is dependent on consistently high academic performance. The students are expected to meet pre-defined academic standards for continuation of scholarship.
- The scholarship can be renewed based on the performance in the university examination, attendance, and character and conduct certified by the Dean.
- The renewal of sports scholarship depends on the performance in sports after admission in university.
- The scholarship shall stand discontinued, if the student is found guilty of any misconduct or indiscipline.
- Below mentioned are some of the B.P.Ed job opportunities in which an individual can opt:
- Physical Education Instructors
- Trainer / Instructor / Coach
- Sports Journalist.
- On completion of the B.P.Ed course, candidates can pursue the Masters’ program in Physical Education or Health and Fitness Management, which in turn helps an aspirant to undergo doctoral programs in the relevant fields.
- By studying the B.P.Ed course, aspirants can expand their awareness of fitness.
- The professionals post-graduations can open-up their own Sports Academy in their choice of Sports in different States under the umbrella of Sports Authority of India.