Department of Life Sciences has successfully conducted the second session of Alumni Interaction under AAROHAN for B.Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology III year students. The session was taken by Mr. Vijaypal Singh alumni 2017 batch, currently working as Associate-testing at Concord Biotech Pvt. Ltd, Ahmadabad, Gujarat. The alumni focused on giving an idea to students regarding how to make use of opportunities like workshops, group discussion, aptitude training etc. conducted in the department as a part of study group activities. He also gave students a great insight to the activities conducted by the college for promoting the character and the personal well being. Overall good interacting sessions with alumni took place which enlightened the students about various skills and habits which will help them throughout their careers. Dr. Shekhar Jain, Head, Faculty of Life Sciences also guided the students and discussed about the importance of such interactions. Prof Farha Ansari, Assistant Professor, Department of Life Sciences was also present during the session. Prof. Heena Shah facilitated the students for this interaction.
Some of the notable advices given by the alumni to current students are-
- To make use of the excellent infrastructure facilities available in the department like Biosafety lab and to equip themselves by learning all the laboratory techniques, so that they can get better placements options.
- To fix the goal and to work hard to accomplish it.
- Focus on practical more than theory.
- Attitude, Body language during interview.
- Dos & Don’ts during interview.