FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the minimum qualification for admission to a PhD Program?
Minimum qualification for admission to a PhD program is Master’s Degree in the relevant field with minimum 55% or equivalent grade.
2. At the time of filling up the application form, is it mandatory that I have with me mark sheet of my master’s program, till the final semester?
If your result is awaited, you can apply. Before enrollment you must have marksheet of final semester master’s programme
3. Can I apply to the PhD program by personally visiting the campus and submitting a hard copy?
Yes, you can do so
4. When can I apply to a PhD program?
You can visit website of University. Notification shall be uploaded, after which you can apply.
5. Who all are expected to submit an NOC (No Objection Certificate)?
Candidates in employment are expected to submit NOC from their organization
6. What is the admission procedure?
Through written test and interview
7. In the PhD entrance test, what subject will I be tested in and what is the difficulty level
Subject of your PG shall be tested and difficulty level would be of NET/SLET standard
8. On what basis is a candidate selected for a PhD program?
On the basis of written test, interview and PG performance.
9. I have completed M. Phil. Will I be exempted from the Entrance Test?
If your degree is through entrance, you may be granted exemption
10. Is Ph.D. available on distance mode?
11. Does University provide any Hostel facility to a PhD scholar?
Hostel facility available on payment as per rules.
12. If I do not submit my PhD thesis in the minimum time, which is, 3 years for full time and 4 years for part time, do I have to pay more fees?
13. Am I assigned a Guide by the university or I select one on my own and when?
Guide shall be from University only
14. Am I allowed to change my appointed Guide during the course of the PhD program?
You can do so, as per University rules and subject to approval from University Research Board
15. Is it mandatory to publish a research paper before submitting the thesis for award of PhD degree?