Self Modular Course Of Scout and Guide
Scout and Guide camp was organized in Mandsaur University, Department of Education on 21 March 2018 with great zeal and enthusiasm. The camp was started by lighting the lamp by Dr. Aradhana sethi in the presence of Mr. N.D Vaishnav- Member state council of Scout and Guide Bhopal, Mr. M.L Gaur- District Training Commissioner of Scout, Mandsaur and Mr. Maneesh Patidar- District Secretary of Scout. Mr. Vaishnav gave information to the students about the basic concept of scout and Guide. He told them that Scouts & Guides is a voluntary, non-political, educational movement for young people. The purpose of the Movement is to contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual development. The students were divided in 5 groups known as petrols. To know the importance of nature, Scouts and Guides of B.Ed went for hiking to khirkimata .They enjoyed in the stream of water and nature’s beauty. The competition of preparing food without making use of utensils also took place among 5 group of students which was evaluated by Mr. N.D Vaishnav- Member state council of Scout and Guide Mr. Ashok Patidar- Scout Incharge Mandsaur and Mr. M.L Gaur- District Training Commissioner of Scout, Mandsaur. After that each group was asked to perform an activity of 3 minutes.
Various interesting activities were organized in the camp
- Physical exercise, concentration tricks and and training of mental alertness
- Information about all the directions
- Training of leadership skills
- Training of various types of knots like Reaf knot, Alpine butterfly knot, bowline, square knot, Rolling hitch knot, timber hitch knot etc.
- Training of cooking food without making use of utensils in Jungle
- Cooking completion without the use of utensils
- Cultural programme like singing, mute dance etc