Upcoming National Workshop on Transforming Libraries through LibSys Automation Software
Department of Library Science is organizing Two days National Workshop on Transforming Libraries through LibSys Automation Software on 15th February 2020 and 16th February 2020.
Objective of Workshop :
- The students will be prepared to take up the challenges of the information society in future.
- The students will be prepared to take up leadership position in both the traditional types of information institutions e.g., academic libraries and modern information institutes.
- The students will be prepared in such a manner that they may be capable of taking up self employment in information field.
- Accommodate the first lovers of Library and Information Science as their first choice of subject.
- Fulfill the high level of teaching from basic level to advanced level under one umbrella.
- Incorporate the related disciplines in the curricula for facilitating interdisciplinary study and research.
- Educate library and information specialists who can respond to the changing information needs of the society.
- Provide leadership within the profession in defining the role of the profession, the interrelationships between the University and the practicing professional.
- Provide the scope of many other opportunities not easily available now to LIS students, e.g. appearing for the competitive and administrative examinations.
Department has organized 03 National Workshops(KOHA, Plagiarism and Reference Management using Mendeley, DSpace and RFID) previously.
Department gives live practical exposure with its central library.
Libraries are constantly witnessed the transformation from print to electronic libraries, electronic libraries to digital libraries, digital libraries to virtual libraries. As we are in the age of paperless society, it is high time that libraries upgrade their services and systems using innovative approaches and use latest technology to fulfill the ever increasing expectation of users. This workshop highlights some key points for transforming their activities using ICT and made information available on Desk Top of users.
LibSys is one of the most popular Library Management Software which bring high level of certainty. It is integrated multi-user library management software has been developed by India based software company – Info-Tek Consultants Pvt. Ltd. Libsys Ltd is providing a set of value-added services such as Automated Library Software, Digital Resource Management, Open Source GWT (Google Web Toolkit), and RFID (Radio Frequency Identification). LibSys caters to the needs of all kind of Libraries.
Target Audience : Workshop is intended for Library and Information Science Professionals/Students.
Registration Fee : Rs 800/- per participant which include Kit, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (For Two Days). Fee accepted through cheque/DD/Cash & Online.
Demand Draft should in favour of Mandsaur University, Mandsaur payable at Mandsaur, 458001 on before 13/Feb/2020 OR You may directly transfer the amount in IDBI A/C No. 0345104000106481 (IFSC Code: IBKL0000345).
Note: Free Accommodation (Limited seats; First come, First Serve)
Date of Workshop : 15-16th Feb, 2020
Last Date of Registration : 13th Feb, 2020
- Dr. Nabi Hasan
Librarian, IIT Delhi
- Dr. Pooran Mal Gupta
Librarian, IIM Bodhgaya
- Mr. Sanjay Mehtiya
Team Lead Western/Southern Region
- Dr. Prabhat Pandey
President – Madhya Pradesh Library Association
Dr. Shailendra Sharma, Vice Chancellor, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
- Chief Advisor
Mr. Ashish Parikh, Registrar, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Dr. Ashwani Yadav, Associate Professor & HOD, Faculty of Library & Information Science, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Dr. Lokeshwar Singh Jodhana, Associate Professor & Dean, Faculty of Arts & Social Science, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
- Organizing Secretary
Dr. Mega Arora, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Library & Information Science, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
- Registration Committee
Mr. Sunil Khokhar, Library Assistant, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Ms. Anshita Sharma, Library Assistant, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Mrs. Anamika Jain, Library Assistant, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Mrs. Sunita Yadav, Library Assistant, Department of Agriculture, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
- Hospitality Committee
Mr. Narendra Patidar, Librarian, BRNCOP, Mandsaur
Mr. Mukesh Dhakad, Librarian, Department of Agriculture, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Mrs. Abha Gupta, Librarian, BAMS, Mandsaur
Ms. Monam Tripathi, Library Assistant, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
- Media and Publicity
Mr. Anurag Trivedi, Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Journalism, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Mr. Pradeep Gupta, Research Scholar, Faculty of Library & Information Science, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Mr. Asharam Pal, Librarian, BRNCOP, Mandsaur
- Technical Committee
Dr. Nilesh Jain, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Mr. Riyaz Khan, System Administrator, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur
Ms. Priya Jain, Web Support Cell, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur