National Entrepreneurship Network
The National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) is Wadhwani Foundation’s flagship initiative in India. It was established in 2003 with a mission to inspire, educate and support high potential entrepreneurs while driving entrepreneurship as a catalyst to create millions of high-value jobs. NEN does this by building institutional capacity for entrepreneur support and a robust entrepreneurial eco-system.
NEN aims to create impact at scale in a sustainable manner. Its model for entrepreneurship development rests primarily on a partnership approach, through which it
- Builds institutional capacity for creating entrepreneurs: developing and inspiring a pool of aspiring entrepreneurs at more than 450 academic institutes; enabling access to leadership and skills-building programs; providing access to expert, mentor and capital networks
- Strengthens the entrepreneurial eco-system to support existing start-ups: increasing entrepreneurs’ access to strategic mentoring; skills-building programs; expert advice and networks for capital and talent
NEN achieves this primarily by:
- Building content, curriculum and pedagogy for entrepreneur education and support
- Developing and training a premium network of educators and mentors
- Expanding entrepreneurs’ access to capital, technology and expert networks.
MU is connected with NEN, and also celebrated NEN E-Week.