Microbiology is the study of bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa. Students will study microbes at a cellular level and learn about their interactions with higher organisms, including the ways in which microbes cause disease, the spread of infections through a population and strategies for preventing and treating diseases caused by microbes. Students will also develop an understanding of the importance of microbiology in environmental, agricultural and industrial settings.
Master of Science in Microbiology,deals in the study of theoretical aspects of medical microbiology, encompassing the biological and pathogenic properties of microbes, their role in health and disease, the reactions of the host to infection, and the scientific basis for the detection, control and anti-microbial treatment of infectious disease. It includes courses on microbiology, applied statistics, molecular genetics, bioinformatics, regulation of gene expression in microbial systems, and host-pathogen interactions in infection and disease.
- Chemistry lab
- Laminar Air Flow
- Orbital shaker
- UV- visible spectrophotometer
- Cooling centrifuge
- ELISA reader
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam from Madhya Pradesh Secondary board or any other board.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have scored at least 45% marks in their 10+2.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category will have to score at least 40% marks in their 10+2.
- Candidates must have Mathematics or Biology as compulsory subjects in their 10+2.
|Tution Fee||Caution Money(Refundable)||Online Application Fee||Total Fee|
|29925 INR||1500 INR||550 INR||31975 INR|
*Uniform Fee,Examination Fee and Enrollment Fee will be separate.
Scholarships To be Provided Details Further Details
From M.P. Govt. OBC, SC & ST
students Run by the Dept. of Higher Education,
M.P. Govt. Given to OBC, SC & ST students. http://www.scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in
Gaon Ki beti Yojan Girls only This scheme, run by the Dept. of Higher Education,M.P. Govt., the girl students are given scholarships
for further studies, who have passed class – XII with Ist Division (according to merit) from the schools in villages or in Gram-Panchayat. http://highereducation.mp.gov.in
& AISHE Differently Abled
students and for girls Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund): Under this scheme,
2000 Scholarships are provided to eligible differently abled students for Degree and Post Graduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India. http://www.nhfdc.nic.in
Scholarship Students who wish to
study and secure 70–80%
Marks in 12th std. Mandsaur University offers the unique opportunity to acquire an excellent, multi-disciplinary education at a lower cost by offering our students access to scholarships. http://www.mandsauruniversity.edu.in/
After M.Sc.(Microbiology), students may work in following fields.
- The hospitals , in pathology/cytology laboratories
- Technical or science writer
- Lecturer/professor in teaching field
- Agricultural research as microbiologists
- Medical Representatives in various pharmaceutical industries
- Biomedical scientists.
- Microbiologists in water companies and the Environment Control and Monitor Agency.