The programme is offered to library science graduate students to obtain expertise in library and information science. In the curriculum, librarianship and newly emerging related fields are included to prevent libraries from becoming obsolete and other fields from being unconcerned about issues of access, privacy and service. They have also to study system design and information retrieval.
- Library science department offers courses of all the levels (graduation, post-graduation and Ph.D. etc) named as B.Lib.Sc. M.Lib.Sc. & Ph.D in Library Science.
- Department has organized 02 National Workshops in current session (KOHA & Mendeley).
- Department gives live practical exposure with a central library.
- Library software training on DEL PLUS software which is mandatory for library professionals.
- It offers reference services through DELNET software.
- Documentation services, circulation services are also available.
- Department also provides the knowledge of Classification scheme with DDC 19th
- Edition & CC.
- Department provides practical knowledge of cataloguing code such as AACR-2 & CCC.
- For M.Lib.: Candidates must have passed their B.Lib. from any UGC recongnized university.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have scored at least 50% marks in their graduation.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category will have to score at least 40% marks in their 10+2.
|Tution Fee||Caution Money(Refundable)||Online Application Fee||Total Fee|
|21315 INR||1500 INR||550 INR||23365 INR|
*Uniform Fee,Examination Fee and Enrollment Fee will be separate.
This scholarship is applicable to the students belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC category. The scholarship is administered by the Government of Madhya Pradesh based on annual income of the family. Students with family income below Rs. 3,00,000/- are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship application form should be submitted by the applicant to the University office after getting admission.
- The eligible candidates desirous of scholarship are required to fill the scholarship form during the admission process.
- The norms for selection will be the sole prerogative of Avantika Admission Committee.
- The scholarship amount will be calculated only on tuition fees and is applicable for 1st year only.
- The students fulfilling more than one eligibility criteria will be considered only as per higher preference mentioned in the scheme and will be eligible for only one type of scholarship in a year.
- The continuation of all scholarships is dependent on consistently high academic performance. The students are expected to meet pre-defined academic standards for continuation of scholarship.
- The scholarship can be renewed based on the performance in the university examination, attendance, and character and conduct certified by the Dean.
- The renewal of sports scholarship depends on the performance in sports after admission in university.
- The scholarship shall stand discontinued, if the student is found guilty of any misconduct or indiscipline.
At present, Librarians are highly demanded in both government and private sectors. They can also work as a research assistant to professors or in publishing companies in preparing bibliographies and catalogues. You can go for further studies in this field. The number of schools and colleges are going to open in the country, it offers great opportunity to fresh professionals.