Master of Computer Application
Masters in Computer Application (MCA) is a post graduate degree in computer applications. This is a senior level course that prepares professionals to meet the complex demands of the IT industry. It emphasizes on planning, designing and building of complex commercial application software and system software. The course was designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of Information Technology.This course significantly emphasizes planning, designing and building of complex commercial application software and system software. The course also places equal importance on functional knowledge in various areas.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme is offered by Faculty of Computer Applications, MU University. The programme is aimed at equipping the undergraduates with varied backgrounds who aspire to seek career in the field of Information Technology. The MCA graduates will be well competent professional practitioner and can suitably occupy positions such as System Analyst, System Designers, Software Engineers, Application Programmers etc. The curriculum enables mastering the fundamentals of computing and gives an opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of topics. The emphasis is on the understanding and ability to apply the principles of computing which make the students well equipped for future work environment. Hands-on approach is taken to help students develop expertise under the guidance of erudite teaching staff. Guest lectures, case studies and presentations are organised from time to time to give an insight into the latest development and happenings in the industry.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science and management in practice.
- an ability to identify, critically analyze, formulate and develop computer applications.
- an ability to select modern computing tools and techniques and use them with dexterity.
- an ability to design a computing system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability.
- an ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions.
- an ability to understand the impact of system solutions in a contemporary, global, economical, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development.
- an ability to function professionally with ethical responsibility as an individual as well as in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude.
- an ability to communicate effectively.
- an ability to appreciate the importance of goal setting and to recognize the need for life-long learning.
Course name: MCA
Course Category: Computer Application
Type of Course: Full time
Level of course: Masters
Course Duration: 3 Year
Description: Masters in Computer Application
Eligibility: Graduation in B.C.A
Programme Type: After Graduation