The students will be exposed to the integrative concepts of Industrial Engineering and Management by going through advanced courses, on production planning, system analysis, neural and fuzzy modelling, financial management, and others. During the course of the study, the students will address a variety of industrial problems through business gaming, case studies and projects.This course comprises of in-depth knowledge of making and implementation of integrated systems of human knowledge and material that are used for an industry. While pursuing the course, a student also learns management of time, money, energy and other resources.
Industrial Engineering and Management is one of the branches of engineering, related to the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of knowledge, equipment, material, process and people. It is also known as Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, and Production Engineering. It eliminates waste of energy, time, money, materials, and other useful resources. This discipline apply skills virtually in every industry like streamlining an operating room, shortening queues at a theme part, manufacturing cheaper and more reliable automobiles. The program is aimed at a set of activities needed to bring new product and technologies to the marketplace from traditional business practices to contemporary Engineering & Managerial interventions. This course develops the knowledge and skills in the areas of Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Functional areas of management, Information Systems, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Quantitative Models for decision making, apart from basic engineering knowledge and skills with emphasis on overall personality development. The branch develops in the students, systems thinking abilities to handle complex problem solving situations. This branch of engineering produces generalist engineers who can serve in Manufacturing, Service and Research organizations.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design and develop a manufacturing system, process etc. to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- responsiveness towards professionalism and ethics.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- Domain knowledge necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engross in lifelong learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to lead and motivate a team for accomplishment of task.
- An ability to demonstrate the knowledge of engineering and management principles and apply these to manage the projects and its financial aspects.
Course name: M.Tech IEM
Course Category: Industrial Engineering and Management
Type of Course: Full time
Level of course: Masters
Course Duration: 2 Years
Description: Master of Technology in Industrial Engineering and Management
Programme Type: After Graduation