October 17, 2018
October 18, 2018
AddressMandsaur University, Mandsaur View map
Objective of Workshop:
- The students will be prepared to take up the challenges of the information society in future.
- The students will be prepared to take up leadership position in both the traditional types of information institutions e.g., academic libraries and modern information institutes.
- The students will be prepared in such a manner that they may be capable of taking up self employment in information field.
- Accommodate the first lovers of Library and Information Science as their first choice of subject.
- Fulfill the high level of teaching from basic level to advanced level under one umbrella.
- Incorporate the related disciplines in the curricula for facilitating interdisciplinary study and research.
- Educate library and information specialists who can respond to the changing information needs of the society.
- Provide leadership within the profession in defining the role of the profession, the interrelationships between the University and the practicing professional.
- Provide the scope of many other opportunities not easily available now to LIS students, e.g. appearing for the competitive and administrative examinations;
Department has organized 02 National Workshops in current session (KOHA & Mendeley).
Department gives live practical exposure with a central library.