- The objective of the B.Sc. in Agricultural program is to educate future agriculturalist, who has general knowledge and skills in agricultural production, process and farming based on agricultural, natural, technical and economical sciences in diverse areas of modern agriculture.
- The main focus is the teaching of agriculture, natural resources, and land management through hands on experience and guidance to prepare students for entry level jobs or to further education to prepare them for advanced agricultural jobs. The education curriculum include crops management, horticulture, land management, water management, animal care, agricultural machinery management and plants nutrition, livestock management, biology and biotechnology courses, etc.
- Department is well equipped with modern class rooms, laboratories, fields for carrying out crop related practicals, and good library facilities. The library offers equipment and assistance for working with digital images and other materials. The Library has a variety of study spaces for groups and individuals. Department has very good, competent and experienced teaching faculty members.
- Mandsaur University knows that there’s more to academic success than books and research papers. That’s why we offer a full range of services to support students in all aspects of their academic careers. Our full-service Student Health Center helps keep students healthy, while our Career Center helps them plan for life after graduation.
South Coordinator Details:
Flat No. 202, Third Floor,
Moghal Emami Mansion,
Khairthabad, opp shadan college lane,
Ph. No. 7989129611; 9182633324
- Interdisciplinary seminar series with presentations by distinguished faculty members and experts drawn from technical, academic, business and government communities. Discussions of major public issues and topics of contemporary concern.
- Consult with students individually and collectively on issues related to personal identity and academic success.
- Refer students to a wide variety of resources on campus and in the local community.
- Provide professional and leadership development opportunities.
- Host educational events and programs.
- The primary focus of the Department of Agriculture is to impart practical and job oriented quality education.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze data and draw appropriate statistical conclusions.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting agriculture organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciate the ethical implications of decisions.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for the importance of the impact of globalization and diversity in modern agriculture organizations.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to engage in critical thinking by analyzing situations and constructing and selecting viable solutions to solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
10+2 Science stream students with Physics, Chemistry and Biology /Mathematics/ Botany subjects, and 10+2 Agriculture stream students, who have passed their board examination from a recognized board, are eligible to pursue this course. Minimum marks criteria exists, which varies from one University to another. Generally, it is between 40-50% marks in PCB/PCM/Agriculture subjects.
|Tution Fee||Caution Money(Refundable)||Online Application Fee||Total Fee|
|52500 INR (MP Domicile )||1500 INR||550 INR||54550 INR|
*Uniform Fee,Examination Fee and Enrollment Fee will be separate.
M.P. Government Scholarships
Mandsaur University has a well equipped setup of Scholarship Section to facilitate the students through various scholarships and fellowships offered by the govt. departments as well as autonomous/private bodies of the country and abroad. This section ensures to inform the students well before time to apply for the schemes they are eligible for and process their application forms within stipulated time limit.
DETAILS OF THE SCHEMES:
|S.N.||Name of Scholarship||Sanctioning Authority|
|01||Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students|
Scheduled Castes Scheduled Tribe
Welfare Department Govt. of M.P.BHOPAL
|02||M.P. Merit Scholarship Scheme||D.T.E. Govt. of M.P.BHOPAL|
|03||Vikramaditya Free Education Scheme for Poor Students||DTE, Govt. of M.P. BHOPAL|
|04||Scholarship for physically handicapped students|
Ministry of Social JusticeDeptt.
Govt. of M.P. BHOPAL
|05||Gaon ki Beti / Pratibha Kiran Scholarship Scheme||Higher Education M.P.Govt. BHOPAL|
Dr.Shyama Prasad Mukharji
Scheduled Castes Scheduled Tribe
WelfareDepartment Govt. of M.P.BHOPAL
|07||Scholarship for students of Minorities Community.||Backward and Minorities M.P.Govt. BHOPAL|
Glimpse of possible Career Options after B.Sc.(Agriculture)
- Master’s in Agriculture (India)
After completing BSc Agriculture, continuing with higher agricultural education is one of the career options. There are number of reputed agriculture institutions in India to join for MSc specialising in one of the agriculture areas after qualifying with good rank in ICAR conducted JRF exam.
- Master’s in Agriculture (Foreign)
Study abroad option is also available where lot of foreign universities admit Indian BSc Agriculture graduates with scholarships (Commonwealth Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus etc).
- Master’s in Science
As an Agriculture graduate, one can continue higher education with masters in biotechnology (plant /animal) through IIS, IIT’s, JNU, Bose University and few more, for which appearing in entrance exams conducted by respective institutions is required.
- Master of Business (Agribusiness /General)
There are large number of universities/institutions like IIM-A and IIM-L, where MBA with specialisation in Agri related business is offered.
- Competitive Exams
Graduate in BSc Agriculture, like any other graduate is eligible to appear job exams in Banking, Defence, UPSC, SSC and many more organisations. Besides, there are exclusive exams only for agriculture graduates (IBPS AO, FCI, AIC, IIFCO, NSCI etc.)
- Campus Placements
Many reputed companies visit agriculture colleges or universities for recruiting BSc Agriculture students under campus placement program.
- State Government Jobs
Jobs like Agriculture Development Officer (ADO), Class-I (Gazetted), Agriculture Extension Officer, Range Forest Officer, District Horticulture Officer (D.H.O. Grade-I), Superintendent-Govt Garden, District Cane Officer, Assistant Conservator regularly recruited by the respective state governments.
- Central Government Jobs
Agriculture Graduate Trainee in IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, A Multistate Co-operative Society).
- Jobs in Banks and Insurance sector
Field Officers, Rural Development Officers, Junior Associates and Junior Agricultural Associates, Agricultural and Probationary Officers are recruited by different public sector and private banks of India.
- Jobs in Teaching and Education
For those whose passion is teaching, there are plenty of opportunities to make career in teaching at school, college and university level.
- Jobs in Research and Development (R & D)
Agricultural Research Scientist (ARS) and Research Fellow posts are available with many government and private organisations.
- Jobs in Private Sector
There are number of private organisations that recruit Agriculture graduates on regular basis. Click here and here to have an idea of exisitng job openings in agriculture industry.
- Becoming an Entrepreneur
No industry is best suited for becoming an entrepreneur than the agriculture sector. If your dream is to setup your own business to become an employment giver rather than an employment seeker, there are number of opportunities and promotional schemes from government to establish your own business in the agriculture related industry.
- Agricultural Journalism
When your passion is writing and reporting, then Agricultural Journalism is the best choice for you.