Biotechnology is a field of applied biology that involves the use of living organisms and bio-processes in engineering, technology, medicine and other fields requiring bio-products. Biotechnology is the science for this century drawing upon the sciences of biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, computers, and information technology to develop next generation scientific breakthroughs and products.
- Understand the difference between old biotechnology and modern biotechnology.
- Analyze a research problem and write clear, step-by-step instructions for conducting experiments or testing hypothesis.
- Provide examples of current applications of biotechnology and advances in the different areas like medical, microbial, environmental, bio remediation, agricultural, plant, animal and forensic.
- Understand the concept of recombinant DNA technology or genetic engineering.
- Describe DNA fingerprinting and restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) analysis and their applications.
- Describe the steps involved in the production of bio pharmaceuticals in microbial and mammalian cell systems.
- Explain the concept and applications of monoclonal antibody technology.
- Explain the general principles of generating transgenic plants, animals and microbes.
Course name: B.Sc Hons. Biotechnology
Course Category: Biotechnology
Type of Course: Full time
Level of course: Bachelors
Course Duration: 3 Years
Description: Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
Eligibility: Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with Bio/ Maths and Science.
Programme Type: After 12th