Electronic and communication engineering is concerned with applying knowledge in electronics to facilitate communication and solve engineering problems. Students get a strong foundation on various aspects of electronics and communication engineering such as digital systems design, electromagnetic theory, digital signal processing, micro-processors and micro-controllers, electronic circuits, VLSI design, digital communication, analog communication, control engineering and microwave engineering. While building a solid foundation of the fundamentals, the students are also exposed to emerging trends in the industry and are molded to be quality professionals of the future.
Electronics and Communications Engineering is the utilization of science and math applied to practical problems in the field of Electronics and Communications. Electronics and communications engineers engage in research, design, development and testing of the electronic equipment used in various systems. This branch mainly deals with analog transmission, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital and analog communication, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It also deals with the manufacturing of electronic devices, circuits and communications equipment.
The course provides a sound foundation for people wishing to pursue a career in electrical engineering, communications, control systems, robotics or sensor systems through a diverse range of theoretical skills and practical experience, presented in the context of real applications and design experience. Electronic systems have made deep inroads into every aspect of daily life. One need only look around homes, offices and industrial plants to see that they feature almost everywhere. Indeed, it is practically impossible to name any appliances, tools or instruments that do not contain electronic components. In order to compete with rival companies or just remain a step ahead of them, the designers of technical systems and innovative products must be fully aware of both the usage and the limitations of electronic components and systems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, computer science, electronics and communication engineering.
- Ability to design electronics circuits and conduct experiments with communication engineering as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design digital and analog system pertaining to electrical systems.
- Ability to visualize and work on multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to develop confidence for self-education and to understand the value of life-long learning.
- Ability to recognize the impact of engineering on society.
- Ability to acquire new knowledge to use modern engineering tools, softwares and equipments to analyze problems necessary for engineering practice.
- A Knowledge of contemporary issues to undertake innovative projects.
- Ability to use the techniques and skills to face and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
Course name: B. Tech Electronics and Communication
Course Category: Electronics and Communication
Type of Course: Full time
Level of course: Bachelors
Course Duration: 4 Years
Description: Bachelor of Technology in Electronic and Communication
Eligibility: Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with Maths and Science
Programme Type: After 12th