Central Library “Seek Knowledge, Seek truth”
The University has a well stocked Central Library which has 42,245 volumes with 12,198 titles of textbooks and reference books on various subjects [ME, ECE, CS IT & MCA, EEE, Civil, Diploma, M.Tech Digital Communication, M.Tech Ind. Mang. Eng., M.Tech (CIM), M.Tech.(E.T.), M. Tech power, MBA, BBA, BCA, B.Com Fashion Design, Tourism, Library Science, Journalism and Mass Communication, Education, Basic Science Books (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Communication Skills) etc] for the students and respective faculty. The library is fully automated and computerized. The library is linked with national and international networks through internet and LAN.
Central library is the soul of the academics at Mandsaur University. It is designed to meet the information needs of the users with an aim of providing “Anytime, Anywhere Access” to information. The Central Library supports university in building an excellence in academics and research by an established knowledge hub.
The Central Library has reading section for general reading and a reference section for referring different type of referal material like books, journals and periodicals, CD’S and current affairs magazines. There is subscription to 68 print journals, 24 magazines and E-journals, E-Books, E-Thesis through DELNET.
Students have facility to refer different material of exceptional nature. Printed journals, reference books are available in it. Reference room can accommodate 100 Students at a time.
It is a part of central library and has about 12 computers printer, scanner, CD/DVD writers E-Databases & Journals access and a server comprising of the digital library. Here the material is collected from various sources and kept in a structured format. Students can access it and do their research study. In future we are planning to extend this facility to the hostel rooms so that students can access this knowledge center round the clock.
Xerox and other facility
A separate Xerox machine for the students & faculty is available in the Library. Institute also encourages the students of SC/ST Category & other backward classes by maintaining an additional ‘Book Bank’ for them. Library on the other hand has seminars and group discussions for personality development and internet facility for the dynamic development of students. The central library is managed by a group of experienced and qualified librarian and assistants.
|Books||Print Resources still continue to be primary learning resources. Central Library has a strong collection development policy and holds more than 42,000 books related to various disciplines.|
|Journals/Serials/Periodicals Collection||A journal or periodical or serial is a publication which is produced on a continuing basis. The Library currently holds:
|Media Resources||Approx. 405 CDs|
|Project Reports||355 project reports of various disciplines of Engineering.|
Library IT Infrastructure-
|Sr. No.||Particulars||Total Numbers|
|4||Bar Code Scanner||01|
- E-resource Lab
- Documentation & Reference Services
- Current Awareness Services
- New Arrivals
- Printout Service,
- Online Searching
- User Orientation
The University Library is fully automated with Library Management Software (Delplus,ERP) which are various modules such as Acquisition, Cataloging, OPAC, Circulation, Article Indexing, Serial Control, System Administration and Security protocols also come under the purview of automation.
The Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) system in the University Library is allows cataloging of diverse resources OPAC enables searching through clusters like Author, Keyword, Subject, Class, Title, Publisher, Place of publication, Material type, Subject, ISBN / ISSN, Series titles, Serials title and Year of publication, etc.
- Library will be opened from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
- No book can be issued to a student, consecutively for two times.
- The books will be issued to the students only at the allotted time & date.
- Each student can get a maximum of four/five books at a time issued from the library.
- Books in the reference section will not be issued for taking home. One has to read these books sitting in the library reference section.
- Reference Books, magazines, Journals and News paper will be issued only for reading in the library.
- If any library books is lost, one will have to pay the current price of the book/replace the book by one of the same edition (reprint) same condition.
- Provisional students will be issued books only on written permission from the head of the Department.
- A book issued must be returned with-in 15 days from the date of issue, otherwise a fine of Rs. 1.00 per day will be charged for the first four days, sub sequentially Rs. 10 per day till the date the book is returned.
- No fine is charges for books issued during the preparation leave, till the examination is over.
- No current Magazines / Journals will be issued for taking home. Only old Magazines (3 months old) can be issued.
- No one will be allowed to enter the library with anything, other than loose sheets, pen, pencil, eraser, calculator, scale all other articles must be left in the bag rack outside the library.
- Whenever a new book is required in the library, a student must give a written application to the librarian/library in-charge.
- Examination paper are issued for a maximum of 2 days.
- All Books / Magazines will be returned by end of the session.
Membership policy of Central library
|S. No||Categories of Membership||
|No. of books
|Period of loan||Loan privilege|
* Other Staff
|General Issue,Reference/ Journal consultation
Reference/ Journal consultation
Students (PG, Researcher)
|General Issue,Reference/ Journal consultation
General Issue,Reference/ Journal consultation
|Mrs. Preeti Rathore||Asst. Librarian|
|Mr. Sunil Kr khokhar||Library Assistant|
|Ms. Anshita Sharma||Library Assistant|
|Ms. Monam Tripathi||Library Assistant|
|Mr. Devkaran Parihar||Attendant|
|Mr. Durgamal||Security Guard|
Read ebooks online : http://community.worldlibrary.in/?AffiliateKey=NDL-XS1944
Web-OPAC Link : http://22.214.171.124:8083/opac/
OPAC Link of Agriculture, Physical Education & Life Science : http://192.168.2.199/lib/opac/
Feedback, suggestions and comments are welcome at email@example.com Ph: 7379783089